Vulcan, the leading commercial cooking equipment provider, introduces the VTEC Series Infrared Charbroiler featuring a patented IRX™ 100% infrared burner system that delivers maximum productivity and efficiency in a smaller footprint for foodservice operators. Designed with the end user in mind, the innovative VTEC uses up to 50% less energy, offers ease of operation and increases product yield.
Vulcan's VTEC Infrared Charbroiler earned a Kitchen Innovations™(KI) 2012 Award presented by the National Restaurant Association (NRA) Restaurant, Hotel-Motel Show, which noted "this high production cooking platform is produced by an innovative conversion burner." Delivering true infrared heat, the VTEC's design has independent gas controls in each 12-inch section. Chefs will appreciate the high range gas control valves which allow precision temperature control in each zone to optimize cooking results.
Features and benefits of the new VTEC Infrared Charbroiler include:
- Maximized Production: The most even heat distribution of any charbroiler platform allows operators to cook with consistency—time after time.
- Energy Efficiency: Realize gas savings up to $2,500/yr for an average 48-inch charbroiler.
- Ease of Operation: An easy-to-light rotary piezo direct spark system simplifies ignition. Since debris and grease are vaporized or turned to ash, clean up is effortless.
- Increased Product Yield: The elimination of convective air movement allows food to retain up to 30% more of its original moisture, decreasing waste and increasing profitability.
- Virtually No Flare-Ups: Patented design keeps grease away from open flames and minimizes convective air. Drippings and grease are instantly turned to smoky vapor that enhances the charbroiled flavor customers crave.
"We continuously invest in assessing end user needs and then designing innovative solutions to help meet those needs with Vulcan cooking equipment," said Tim Murray, VP/GM of Vulcan FEG Cooking. "Our patented IRX™ 100% infrared burner system is a perfect example of how we use technology to meet or exceed the demands of high volume restaurants; such as increased productivity, better energy utilization, ease of operation and clean up, and increased product yield, all resulting in improved profitability for the restaurant. By leveraging the IRX™ system's benefits, the VTEC Charbroiler exemplifies Vulcan's commitment to high-performance products."
To compare the savings of the Vulcan VTEC Infrared Charbroiler against competitive charbroilers, visit: https://www.vulcanequipment.com/Vulcan/Products/VTEC_Savings_Calculator/.
As a recipient of the 2012 KI Award, the VTEC will be showcased in the interactive Kitchen Innovations Pavilion (Booth 2440) at the NRA show May 5-8 at Chicago's McCormick Place. The KI Awards recognize cutting-edge foodservice kitchen equipment with significant innovations that improve quality, productivity, service and sustainability. They are chosen by an independent, expert panel of judges comprised of internationally recognized food facilities consultants, multi-unit executives and design experts.