This Site is operated by Vulcan in the United States and any personal information submitted through the Site will result in the collection and processing of such information in the United States. As a result, if you are visiting the Site from a country other than the United States, your personal information will cross an international boundary. The level of protection for your personal information in the United States may not be the same as the level of protection in your country.
- What information Vulcan collects from you and how we use it
- How long we retain your personal information
- How we share your personal information
- What choices you have about how Vulcan uses your information
- How Vulcan protects your information
- What Vulcan does about children visiting this Site
- How you can contact Vulcan
1. Information Vulcan Collects from You and How We Use It
Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect information on this Site that can be used to identify or contact a particular person (we refer to this type of information as “personal information”). Personal information includes information that does not directly identify you by name or include your contact information, but which may be used to identify that a specific computer or device has accessed our Site and which if combined with certain other information could be used to identify you. The types of personal information we collect and process include:
- Full name
- Contact information (work or home postal address; work, mobile or home telephone number; work or home fax number; work or personal email address)
- Employer and job title
- Education and experience information (CV information; professional experience; education; certifications; personal interests)
- Internet Protocol (IP) address
- Log data (as described below)
- Location data (as described below)
- Cookie data (as described below)
- Social media use and utilization
We actively collect personal information from our Site visitors when they provide it to us directly in responding to specific questions or requests on the Site (e.g., personal information provided through our Site submission form or careers page). Vulcan uses this information for the purposes of pursuing its ordinary course of business as described in more detail below. For example, if you submit an inquiry to us through our Site submission form, your personal information will be used to track and respond to your inquiry and provide you with the information and support requested. Similarly, if you provide your resume to Vulcan for purposes of obtaining employment, the resume will be used for activities related to your potential employment. The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information on the Site.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal information (European Visitors Only)
- Based on your consent. In some cases, at the point at which you provide personal information, we may ask you for your consent to collect and process such information. If you choose to provide us with your consent, you may later withdraw your consent (or opt-out) by contacting us using the contact details provided under the How You Can Contact Vulcan section below. Please note that if you withdraw your consent it will not affect any processing of your personal information that has already occurred. Where we process your personal information based on consent, we will provide more detailed information to you at the time when we obtain your consent.
- Performance of a contract. In specific circumstances, we may need to process your personal information to fulfill our obligations under a contract to which you are subject. Where we are processing your personal information to fulfill our obligations under a contract to which you are a party, you may not be able to object to such processing, or if you do choose to opt-out or object to such processing, it may impact our ability to perform a contractual obligation that you are owed.
- Compliance with applicable laws. In specific circumstances, we may need to process your personal information to comply with an applicable law. Where we process your personal information to meet our legal obligations, you will likely not be permitted to object to such processing, but you will usually have the right to access or review the relevant personal information unless it would impede our legal obligations.
- Vulcan’s legitimate interests. We may process your personal information based on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party) to the extent such interests are not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In such cases, you have the right to object to the relevant processing of your personal information by contacting us as described under the How You Can Contact Vulcan section below.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contact with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information). Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make such legitimate interests clear to you at the relevant time.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the How you can Contact Vulcan section below.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
Like most web sites, when you use our Site, we passively collect certain non-personal information that does not, on its own, identify any particular individual. The types of non-personal information we collect and process include:
- Log data. When you use or interact with our Site, our servers record certain information that is automatically reported by your browser (such as Apple’s Safari, Microsoft’s Edge, Google’s Chrome, or Mozilla’s Firefox) or device each time you request our Site, or when content is downloaded to your browser or device from our Site. This “log data” includes your IP address (which is used to infer approximate location); Internet service provider; browser type and settings (e.g., content language, cookie/DNT preferences); device information (e.g., type of device, operating system, device manufacturer); referring/exiting URL; request/response date and time; click stream data; device ID or advertising ID; and data contained in first-party cookies and similar technologies (discussed further below and in our Cookie Notice). Some of the information we collect depends on the settings on your web browser. Please check your web browser if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change your settings. To the extent that IP addresses or similar identifiers are considered personal information under applicable law, we also treat such identifiers as personal information.
- Location data. Depending on your computer or device permissions, we may collect information about your device’s approximate (e.g., country or zip code) or precise location (“location data”). Various technologies may be used to collect this location information, such as IP address, GPS, and other sensors that may provide information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points, and cell towers. We will only collect your computer’s or device’s precise location with your consent.
If we combine non-personal information with personal information, such combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Overview of Cookies and Similar Technologies
We use the following types of Cookies and Similar Technologies on our Site:
- Pixel Tags. Pixel tags (also known as web beacons) are small blocks of code installed on our Site which enable our online partners to serve cookies when you visit our Site and are generally used in combination with cookies to track visitor activity on our Site, receive relevant log data, location data and cookie data, and perform other activities relating to the monitoring and analysis of the use and performance of our Site.
Cookies Used on Our Site and Your Cookie choices
Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default. However, browsers typically allow individuals to remove or block browser cookies if they choose. Please consult the documentation that your browser manufacturer provides for more information.
Social Media Plug-in
Our Site may use Social Media Plugins to enable you to easily share information with others. When you visit our Site, the operator of the social media plugin that is on our Site can place a cookie on your computer that lets such operator recognize individuals on their website who have previously visited our Site. If you have previously logged into the social media website while browsing on our Site, social media plugins may allow that social media website to receive directly identifiable information about you that shows you have visited our Site. The social media plugin may collect this information for visitors who have logged into social networks, whether or not they specifically interact with the plugin on our Site. Social media plugins also allow the social media website to share information about your activities on our Site with other users of their social media website. Vulcan does not control any of the content from social media plugins. For more information about social plugins from social media websites, you should refer to those sites’ privacy and data sharing statements.
Do Not Track
There are different ways you can prevent tracking of your online activity. One of them is setting a preference in your browser that alerts websites you visit that you do not want them to collect certain information about you. This is referred to as a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) signal. Please note that currently our Site does not respond to these signals from web browsers. At this time, there is no universally accepted standard for what a company should do when a DNT signal is detected.
3. HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
4. HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with the following categories of recipients:
- Law enforcement, government agencies, and judicial bodies. We also disclose personal information where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person.
- Other parties based on your consent. We may share personal information with any other person with your consent to such disclosure.
We do not otherwise distribute to third parties your personal information. However, we will have no liability for disclosure of such information obtained due to errors in transmission or the unauthorized intervention of third parties.
We may provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, online traffic patterns, and related information to reputable third parties, but these statistics will not include any personal information.
5. CHOICES YOU HAVE ABOUT HOW Vulcan USES YOUR INFORMATION
You have various rights with respect to the collection, use, transfer and processing of your personal information, as described below.
- You may contact us using the contact details below to request access to, correct, update,or delete any personal information that you have provided to us through the Site. To protect your privacy, we will only respond to e-mail messages sent from the e-mail account you used to set up your account. Should you elect to have your information deleted, we will also delete your user account.
- You have the right to opt-out of m//Area and/or to the extent required by applicable law, you have the following additional data protection rights:
- You can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information, or request portability of your personal information.
- If we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with an applicable data protection authority. You have the right to lodge such a compliant in the European country of your habitual residence, place of work, or place of an alleged infringement if you consider that the processing of your personal information infringes applicable EU data protection laws. A list of all European supervisory authorities and their respective contact information is available here.
We reserve the right to limit the rights described above at any time where permitted under applicable law, including where your identity cannot be reasonably verified by Vulcan or to the extent your rights adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
You can exercise any of the foregoing rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the How You Can Contact Vulcan section below.
6. HOW VULCAN PROTECTS YOUR INFORMATION
We work hard to protect your personal information. All information is stored within a secured database that is not accessible to the outside world. Resumes are stored on file systems that are not publicly accessible. All Vulcan servers are protected behind both hardware and software firewalls. Low-level access to all information is restricted to authorized support personnel only.
The safety and security of your information also depend on you. Never share your password with anyone else, notify us promptly if you believe your password security has been breached, and remember to log-off of this Site before you leave your computer.
7. WHAT VULCAN DOES ABOUT CHILDREN VISITING THIS SITE
This Site is not intended for children under the age of 13. We will not knowingly collect information from Site visitors in this age group. We encourage parents to talk to their children about their use of the Internet and the information they disclose online. If your child has submitted personal information and you would like to request that such information be deleted from our records, you may do so by contacting us using the contact details provided under the How You Can Contact Vulcan section below.
8. HOW YOU CAN CONTACT VULCAN
Vulcan, a division of ITW Food Equipment Group LLC
3600 North Point Blvd.
Baltimore, MD 2122
By phone: +1-410-284-0660
By contact form: Click Here
9. CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT