With over 500 million Instagrammers and more than 300 million who use the app every single day, it is essential that your restaurant takes advantage of Instagram’s powerful network. It is time to be a part of the conversation that is constantly growing so that you can grow your own customer base through Instagram restaurant promotion.
With over 85% of the top brands using Instagram, it is a proven and ideal form of social media to build your image and grow business. Known as a photo and video sharing platform, it is a great tool to promote new menu items or your restaurant’s exceptional plating abilities. Cooking is not only a skill, but an art form, and Instagram is the perfect platform to showcase your latest creations and drive awareness about your restaurant’s offerings. Follow these key tips for successful Instagram restaurant promotion:
- Have a clear and strong concept. Do you want to increase your restaurant customer base? Do you want to test out new menu items? Before starting to utilize all of Instagram’s features, be sure to have an end goal in mind and make sure your posts tie back into it. Analyze your success along the way and make sure to always be working towards your objectives.
- Establish your brand look and feel. Across your photos and videos try to stick with a similar style. Creating connective elements across your posts will help develop a brand identity and an identifiable photographic style. This will help strengthen the connection with your followers and allow your images to be more recognizable by customers.
- Use hashtags, but don’t overload them. Instagram recommends using up to 3 hashtags per post. This way it doesn’t distract followers from your message but still allows you to reach outside communities and be discovered by potential new customers. Be sure to add your restaurant’s location as well to easily be found.
- Constantly engage with your community. Instagram is a two-way street where the conversations never stop. People who comment on and like your photos and videos are looking to interact with your business. Always be on top of your responses to give your business a personality and allow people to build a stronger connection. Be sure to have conversations on your followers’ photos as well. Go a step further and encourage followers to post their own photos at your restaurant so that you can regram them to truly show your support.
- The biggest and most essential tip is to be authentic. No matter what your brand identity is, stay true to it. Your followers want to see what the atmosphere and vibe will be at your restaurant, and you can show it through your images and videos. Give special privilege to your followers by showing them behind the scenes footage of your restaurant so people can connect even further.
Following these strategies will ensure you are creating a positive environment on Instagram to interact with your current and potential customers before they visit, during their visit and even after they leave. Instagram restaurant promotion will be sure to grow your customer base and business.